CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Equaino's Slave Narrative

Reflection:

After reading Equiano's narrative, I found out how strong of a person he truly was. Equiano's wanted to open the eyes all over the world on the degradation and inhumanity of slavery. Although Equiano did not have to face many of the horrors that many slaves did, he still wanted to speak out in order to support those who did. Equiano was one of the few slaves who was able to acquire learning and literacy, and because of the powerful ties that he help with wealthy merchants a humanitarians, he was able to speak out and become very popular all over the world.

Diary Entry:

Dear Diary,
Equiano truly spoke to me through his narrative, as he was taking a stand for something that he believed in. Although Equiano was not forced to face many of the horrific events that other slaves did, he still worked hard to open the eyes of people all around the world so that the issue of slavery could be looked at in a different way, from a different perspective. I think that it is so important for people to stand up for what they believe and try to make the best of any situation. I look up to Equiano for being such a strong person and for making a difference to people all around the world, and I hope that people will look up to him the way that I do, and try to make a difference for not only their location, but for people all over the world.

0 comments: