"By night when others soundly slept"
PASSAGE
1 1By night when others soundly slept
2And hath at once both ease and Rest,
3My waking eyes were open kept
4And so to lie I found it best.
2 5I sought him whom my Soul did Love,
6With tears I sought him earnestly.
7He bow'd his ear down from Above.
8In vain I did not seek or cry.
3
9My hungry Soul he fill'd with Good;
10He in his Bottle put my tears,
11My smarting wounds washt in his blood,
12And banisht thence my Doubts and fears.
4 13What to my Saviour shall I give
14Who freely hath done this for me?
15I'll serve him here whilst I shall live
16And Loue him to Eternity.
Response:
When Finishing this peace of literature i was able to relate to it well. As well as Bradstreet i also do stay up and reflect on my when lying in my bead. But she also makes me realize how important it is to do it. Some reasons are that it helps realize what you have done good i the day and bad. Thus allowing to correct those things that are bad.
Journal entry:
Today I a friend gave me Anne Bradstreet's poem "By Night When Other Soundly Slept" and I had realized things that i do but not notice. When reading this i noticed that Bradstreet and I sleep the same way. We both stay up late and reflect on the day. ALso ut showed my how people highly chraish this time. Bradstreet's poem think of more things before i go to sleep this cold winter night.
Essential Question:
It does not relate to the American dream
0 comments:
Post a Comment